CarBlip is seeking a highly motivated social media and marketing assistant with exceptional organizational skills and a passion for cars. You will play a key role in facilitating all aspects of digital marketing, social media and content creation for the CarBlip team, assisting with daily tasks that keep our office moving such as office administration, event coordination/production and more. An organized creative who has a strong passion for social media is a huge plus.
CarBlip is automotive technology startup based in Santa Monica. With the CarBlip app, you can configure the car you are looking for along with your color preferences and options, and CarBlip will locate the car on the customer’s behalf and deliver it to the door. Our goal is to save car buyers time and money and provide an exceptional car buying experience contrary to the typical dealership experience. CarBlip is backed by Science, Inc., the Los Angeles-based incubator that notably backed men’s grooming company Dollar Shave Club which was subsequently acquired by Unilever for $1 billion in 2016. CarBlip is headquartered at Science’s office in the heart of Santa Monica along with several of their other incubated companies. It is a fun and exciting place to be, surrounded by entrepreneurial and creative individuals.
- Social advertising: work with our creative director to create ad campaigns
- Social media management: assist in managing our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) which includes posts, engagement and maintenance
- Influencer marketing: assist with building and optimizing campaign strategies via third-party influencer platform
- Email marketing: assist with the development and management of strategies to grow subscriber base and strengthen brand identity
- Content marketing: responsible for some online activities and content writing to be posted on company WordPress website
- Event marketing: assist in the planning and coordination as well as attend tradeshows and conferences as needed
- Market research: stay up to date on industry statistics and follow respective trends
- Website optimization: assist with SEO and ensuring company website stays up to date as well as overseeing company blog
- Office administration: maintain office calendar, organize Google Drive folders, assist with the marketing budget, reporting and more
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in social media and/or marketing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or equivalent required.
- Understanding of and actively engaged in using social media platforms
- Photography, graphic design skills highly preferred.
- Basic knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc) and proficient in Keynote, Google Drive and Excel.
- Basic understanding of WordPress.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Tech savvy
- Strategic thinker willing to push the envelope and bring fresh, innovative ideas to life.
- Exceptional organizational skills; detail-oriented.
- Strong time management skills; ability to juggle priorities and multiple projects.
- Can-do positive attitude and a roll-up-your-sleeves approach; personable and flexible with demands and changes in business – no job is too big or too small.
Please send the following to email@example.com with the subject line: Marketing Assistant
- Cover letter
- Instagram handle
- Optional: work samples