How to Get a California Sales License
Providing CarBlip with a California Auto Sales License is a legal requirement in order for you to get paid on any closed car deals you may be involved with. The process of applying for a new sales license if you have never had one before is straightforward. There is no test or coursework required. The steps are outlined below. This can typically be completed start to finish in one afternoon.
- Get a LiveScan
- A LiveScan is a portion of the background check required to obtain an Auto Sales License. You will need to fill out the LiveScan application form which can be found at the following link. https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/file/request-for-live-scan-clearance-receipt-dmv-8016-pdf/
- Bring the completed form to a LiveScan location to have your fingerprints taken. You can use this link to find the nearest LiveScan location. https://oag.ca.gov/fingerprints/locations
- NOTE: Different LiveScan locations may charge different fees for the service. You may want to call 2 or 3 locations close to you to see if there is a difference in cost.
2. Apply for your Sales License
ATTENTION! The DMV has changed their application process. DO NOT go to the DMV. The new application is entirely through the online DMV portal.
- Please check out our new guide on navigating the online DMV process: https://www.carblip.com/new-online-dmv-sales-license-guide/
- We are still working on finishing the new step-by-step instructions and the rest will be added soon.
- In the meantime, if you are interested in applying without our step-by-step guide you can do so HERE
3. Send CarBlip Your Sales License
- The DMV will provide you with a temporary sales license while you wait for your official license in the mail. You can upload the temporary sales license at the following link. https://www.carblip.com/saleslicense/