HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Send Us an Email
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- Information we Collect
We collect two kinds of information related to you: (a) Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”); and (b) Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“Non-PII”).
- Personally Identifiable Information: PII includes any information that identifies you as a person. We collect your PII when you choose to register with us or when you choose to participate in the feature of our Site/App that lets you submit an offer to buy, finance or lease a vehicle. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, phone number, and physical contact information.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Non-PII is any information that does not identify you as a person including PII which has been rendered anonymous. We obtain non-PII either separately or together with your PII as described above. We collect certain non-PII from you when you access our Site/App including IP addresses and information relating to your browser, operating system, ISP, the third party website from which your visit originated and how you use our Site/App such as the web pages you visit, and the duration of your visits.
- How We Use the Information Collected
PII and Non-PII is used to provide, or improve, our Site/App and Services to you and to carry out your offer submissions, respond to your inquiries, better serve you and understand your needs, or is used in other ways naturally associated with the circumstances in which you provided the information.
- We may disclose Non-PII to:
- All participating dealers
- Our third party service providers who perform functions on our behalf in connection with the operation of the Site/App or Services e.g., providers who host and manage data, process credit card orders, etc;
- We may disclose PII and Non-PII to:
- All participating dealers, only after your offer was accepted.
- Our third party service providers who perform functions on our behalf in connection with the operation of the Site/App/ or Services e.g., providers who host and manage data, etc;
- In addition, we use non-PII to help analyze Site/App traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities. We may use your non-PII by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others to produce research reports and other information and data about online shopping for participating dealers and other customers, as well as media and other interested parties.
- CarBlip does not control the privacy policies of our dealer partners, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those dealers where applicable. CarBlip is not and cannot be responsible if you disclose additional information to a dealer after an offer has been accepted.
- Security of Information
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission.` Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your PII. In the unfortunate event that we will become aware that your personally identifiable information is compromised, we will make our best efforts to notify you by e-mail to the last e-mail address you have provided us as soon as feasible under the circumstances (delays in notification may occur while we take measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system, as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement if notification would impede a criminal investigation)
- Limitation of Liability
By providing us with any personally-identifiable information you expressly and unconditionally release and hold harmless CarBlip and all of its subsidiaries, affiliates or related companies and their respective, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your collected personally-identifiable information. In addition, while CarBlip takes efforts to ensure the proper and appropriate use of data provided by CarBlip to third party companies, promotional partners or vendors, CarBlip is not liable for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your collected personal information by CarBlip.
- Cookies and Preference Based Advertising
- Cookies. We and the third parties we authorize automatically receive and store certain types of non-PII whenever you interact with us or use the Site/App/ or Service by using “cookies” and analogous technology. “Cookies” are small files that are placed on your computer or your internet browser memory to enable the owner of the cookie to recognize your browser and to provide convenience and other features to you. So, for example, our cookies may allow you to automatically login to our Site/App without re-entering your username and password. It is important to note that the cookies that we use, or permit others to use, do not contain and are not tied to PII about you. You may be able to direct your internet browser not to allow cookies and you can typically delete existing cookies from your computer at any time. Please note, however, that some elements of our Site/App and Service will not function properly or be available to you.
- Preference Based Advertising: We also work with and permit certain third parties, including advertising networks and webSite/App analysis firms, to place cookies on your computer/browser when you visit our Site/App. These third party cookies are used to gather non-PII about your activities on our Site/App and third party Site/Apps to serve you with advertisements while you are on third party Site/Apps (“Third-Party Ads”).
- Sale of Business and Disclosure by Law
We may disclose PII and Non-PII held by us : (a) to a prospective seller or actual seller of any business or assets we acquire; and/or (b) if all or any of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case, PII and Non-PII may be one of the transferred assets. We may disclose and use any PII or non-PII if we are required to do so by law, including, without limitation with respect to copyright and other intellectual property infringement claims, or if we believe that such action is necessary to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Site/App, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our Site/App’s users or the general public.
- Your Options and Opt-outs
As neither our Site/App nor our Services are intended for use by children under 13, children under 13 may not submit any PII to us. Also, if you are under 18, you should use the Site/App and Services and submit information only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
- Sole Statement