About the Job
The QA Lead will be responsible for ensuring that all aspects of CarBlip’s development pipelines are properly tested. This will be accomplished with a combination of manual and automated testing – for both browser and mobile based platforms. Deployment testing, tied to our CI/CD pipeline will also be a key component of testing responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will be an expert in both Selenium and Appium, and have used cloud based platforms like SauceLabs, Browser Stack, or similar. The ability to think dynamically is a must, as creating test scripts that are both fast and effective are expected. For example, being able to click on 500 vehicle selections on a single page should not involve having to write code for 500 different click actions in order to automate testing.
- Automation testing for native apps on both Android and iOS devices
- Automation testing for web apps
- API testing
- Selenium and Appium
- Load/Stress testing
- Packet sniffers (open to your preference)
Candidates are expected to be very familiar with different mobile, front-end, database, and back-end technologies. They should also be competent with packet sniffers and different tools to access technical troubleshooting data and help the engineering team isolate problems.
As this is a remote role, you will need to have your own iPhone and a reliable internet connection for testing, as the primary product is an iOS app.
Attention to detail and accuracy are absolutely critical for this role and only those that are comfortable being tested for this should apply.
To apply, please include your responses to the following questions in your cover letter:
- What are the 2 most critical qualities you must have for this role?
- Please provide a rough time estimate for the following sample task:
– You are required to create an automated script that will test the front end for this page: https://shop.carblip.com/find-my-car/model?brand=39&year=2023
– For the purpose of this exercise, please do NOT include any time for setting up the project, any frameworks, etc. You should include time for ONLY what is requested.
– Your script should click on each car. The script must be dynamic to change, depending on how many vehicles there are, as there can be as few as 1 car, or as many as hundreds of cars.
– Record the name of the car and whether the car’s page loaded successfully or not
– The script should not include any other testing nor any other pages
- What is your expected annual salary or hourly rate?
- Do you have an Upwork account? If so, please provide a link to your profile. Please note that anyone outside of the US will be required to have an Upwork profile to be considered.
We are not currently looking to work with any recruiters or agencies for hiring this role, so only individual applicants will be considered. All other inquiries will be deleted.
At CarBlip, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together builds a stronger team better able to support our customers. CarBlip is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets.
CarBlip is a community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy. Our benefits are built around your needs and include comprehensive medical coverage and compensation packages that let you share in CarBlip’s long-term success!
The CarBlip offices are in Westlake Village, CA. This role is fully remote and presence in the office is not required. If you are local and would prefer to be in the office, please mention it as we can make accomodations.