Working from our Westlake Village, CA office, you’ll ensures customer retention and profitability in this profit center by hiring, training, motivating, and measuring the performance of salespeople and establishing customer-focused sales standards.
Sales Manager – Essential Duties
- Forecasts goals and objectives for sales, gross, and key expenses on a monthly and annual basis.
- Hires, trains, motivates, counsels, and monitors the performance of all new-vehicle sales employees.
- Prepares and administers an annual operating budget for the new-vehicle sales department.
- Understands, keeps abreast of and complies with federal, state and local regulations that affect new-vehicle sales.
- Directs and schedules the activities of all department employees, ensuring proper staffing always.
- Assists individual salespeople in setting aggressive yet realistic monthly goals and objectives and provides them with the support to meet these goals.
- Maintains an accurate daily log that reflects all sales activities in the dealership.
- Ensures proper follow-up of all potential buyers by developing, implementing, and monitoring a prospecting and sales control system.
- Develops, implements, and monitors a follow-up system for new-vehicle purchasers.
- Maintains teamwork in a customer-focused sales environment throughout the sales, delivery, and follow-up process.
- Conducts daily and weekly sales meetings.
- Knowledgeable in state regulations regarding finance and the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Verifies accuracy of all material information on the credit application and submits to lender
- Provides effective communication throughout the new-vehicle department as well as interdepartmentally.
- Structures deals in accordance with lender and dealership guidelines.
- Analyzes credit reports, able to recognize a conventional deal and turns over accordingly.
- Ensures that new-vehicle salespeople understand and follow dealership policies and procedures.
- Provides proper product and training resources for salespeople on a regular and continuous basis.
- Oversees the efforts of new-vehicle salespeople to enhance the image and customer satisfaction ratings of the dealership.
- Works with salespeople on programs that will increase the new-car gross and F&I penetration.
- Develops incentive programs along with dealer and other managers.
- Helps salespeople close deals when necessary.
- Completes deal settlement sheets and turns into accounting office in a prompt and timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains standards for the delivery of vehicles to customers.
- Provides dealer with accurate floor traffic control data daily.
- Processes salesperson commission sheets and monitors payroll records of salespeople.
- Assists the used-vehicle department with trade appraisals as needed.
- Directs merchandising and advertising efforts for the new-vehicle department in conjunction with the sales managers and dealer.
- Assists in the development of advertising campaigns and other promotions.
- Attends managers meetings as requested.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Sales Manager – Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sales Manager – Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Sales Manager – Language Skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
Sales Manager – Mathematical Skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Sales Manager – Reasoning Ability
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Sales Manager – Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sales Manager – Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At CarBlip, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together builds a stronger team better able to support our customers. CarBlip is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets.
Benefits: CarBlip is a community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy. Our benefits are built around your needs and include comprehensive medical coverage and compensation packages that let you share in CarBlip’s long-term success!
OFFICE IN WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA – LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
- Stock Options
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Salary + Commission pay
- Sales License (Required)
Work Location: Westlake Village, CA