Southern California, and most everywhere else, is officially in a heat advisory and summer has really begun. After an overcast spring, I’m sure we are all excited to enjoy the golden sunshine. Before you pack for that beach trip, don’t forget to check in on your car.
Here are a few things you should look at:
- Fluid Levels: Top up your coolant, make sure all essential fluids are at optimum levels, and check there are no leaks.
- Radiator: Check for leaks and make sure the fins are clean.
- Belts and Hoses: Inspect your belts and hoses for cracks or fraying. Make sure to check after the heatwave as well since heat increases wear.
- Tires and Tire Pressure: Hot pavement puts your tires at risk and the heat will deteriorate the rubber faster, so make sure they are in good condition. Air expands when it’s hot out so also check your air pressure in case your tires become overinflated.
- Block UV: Invest in a car cover and/or get a car shade for your windows to block as much sunlight as you can. You can even get UV blocking window tint. This will keep your interior cooler as well as prevent increased aging.
Preparation is key to ensuring your car stays in top working condition during heatwaves. By performing these checks preemptively (and regularly), you will minimize the risk of breakdowns and ensure a more comfortable drive.
If this seems overwhelming, we can help. Contact us about our warranties for some extra peace of mind.
Don’t forget to take care of yourself too! Stay hydrated and wear sunscreen or you won’t be at your peak performance either.
Written by Brynn
CarBlip provides customers with a digital car buying experience. With access to new car inventory across the nation, your dedicated concierge will find the car that meets your needs and deliver it directly to your door. And best of all, our service is free.